Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Breast Cancer

So I never really had to deal with this disease.  Chloe's grandma on her dads side had it long before I met her and over came it before I met Chloe's dad.  I've never really known anyone who was diagnosed with it.  Well that all changed a month ago.  My mom was diagnosed with it last month.  When she first called and told me I was in utter shock.  I didn't know what to say or how to react.  My first thought was I need to call my guy and talk to him.  I went to reach for the phone and then it hit me.  All I'm going to get in some Sprint voice telling me his phone is shut off.  I then thought of Chloe. "What if she is susceptible to it?"  Yeah that was kind of stupid lol.  Yes it is running in both sides of her family but whos to say she will ever get it?  I next thought of me and when should I start getting checked out for it?  Then my mind went back to my mom.  She didn't seem scared or upset.  She was just so matter of factly about it.  "This is whats going to happen and this is whats going to be done."

So I will have faith that on Friday the disease that has reared its ugly head into my moms life will be removed and the 6 weeks after that of radiation every day will kill any bits left of it and we can get on with our normal lives.  I will have faith that nothing will go wrong during the operation and she will make a full recovery.  I will have faith that god will take care of her and keep her from harms way. 

Because when it is out of your hands all you can do is have a little faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave something nice or Ill come after you!