Saturday, February 6, 2010

Changes

So since I started reading blogs of other mil spouses I have noticed that some of the women leave their loved ones boots just where they were left during the deployment until their hunny returns.  I didn't do that.  I put his up in the garage to get them out of the way.  Since he moved in with me he has always left atleast one pair of his boots out in the open and I'm always stubbing my toes or me feet on them.  I thought about it the other day and I felt bad that I put them away.  I have changed alot of stuff since he left and he says it's ok but I don't know how he will actually feel when he gets back and sees all the changes and has to adapt to them.

But I did notice one thing that hasn't changed.  On D day he left one of this ACU coats hanging on our metal head board.  Over the last couple of months I have been rearranging and organizing things of his but I never thought to put the coat away.  I recently got a new bed and I tossed his coat on the dresser and its been there the last week.  Well I was in there cleaning again and got through the pile of towels, blankets, and Chloes stuffed animals down to his jacket.  I automatically hung it up on the new metal headboard and went on with my business.  After a few minutes it hit me.  That is the one thing that hasn't really changed since he left. 

So even though it doens't match my bedroom decor it will stay put till he gets back.  Its the one thing that I don't want to change....... 




Blogger Templates

Blogger Templates

2 comments:

  1. Thats hilarious. I am all about putting things away and getting them out from under my feet. Im sure thought that there were things that were left as is because they werent actually in my way while J was gone.

    I made loads of changes and spent almost all if not all of the deployment cash when J was gone. He didnt mind one way or the other. He adjusted to the changes or they went back to they way they were before. We all just fell right back into life as normal. Its awesome like that.

    I did giggle a little when you said ACU cause the photo is of a BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) and the new uniforms are called ABU (Airmen Battle Uniform). When I was at the BX buying J a new hat I saw the ACU sign but had no idea what it stood for. Do you know? I was so confused but relieved when I saw the ABU sign too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah ok I feel like an idiot now lol. I should just stay away from military acronyms all together lol. ACU is Army Combat Uniform. I was gonna say BDU but I thought I was wrong. I googled military uniform when I was putting this together and I saw a jacket that looked exactly the same as this that was titled a ACU coat. Ah oh well you lose some, you win some.

    ReplyDelete

Leave something nice or Ill come after you!