Wednesday, December 16, 2009

432 hours and 18 days......

that have included 1 phone call, 1 video chat and 139 emails……


It’s hard to believe that is has almost been a month since we had our last real kiss. I know I should thank my lucky stars that I am able to talk to him as much as I have been but sometimes I think that makes this even harder. I can tell him everything I’m thinking of but I can’t see him or feel his touch. I can’t see the emotions on his face when I tell him the different things that are going on with me and Chloe. I’m taking it one day at a time but it is not easy.  My mind reminds me of all the things that can happen over there when a few hours passes by with no email from my love.  I have become my own worst enemy.

I have a routine set for me and Chloe during the week with school and work and I have managed to keep us extremely busy during the weekends. But I’m getting tired of always having somewhere to be or something to do. I long for our days together as a family.

I long for him. My heart aches for him. It’s like I am missing a piece of myself while he is away. Sometimes I think I can actually feel the physical pain of it.

I now know how much of our time together I took for granted.


2 comments:

  1. Having dealt with deployments and TDY's for some time now I have to say they are sometimes very good for a realationship. Being able to see the person we love again for who they are, what we love about them and being able to miss all those things can be good. We learn to approciate all they do and that we can so easily take for granted in our day to day lives. A strong relationship will grow through the hard times and only get stronger. I hope that your relationship is doing just that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing an awesome job and it really sounds like your relationship will be much stronger after this. Keep smiling. You'll get through this :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave something nice or Ill come after you!