Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Swimming outside in December? = RTT

randomtuesday

Go over to the The Un Mom and link up.

So as some people already know I have 4 little loveable mini dashchunds.  We have a little pool for Chloe out in the backyard for the summer and during the winter I fill with blankets for the dogs when I need to put them outside so they don't get cold.  Well yesterday it rained almost all day long and I didn't think to bring in the blankets or put something to cover up the pool because guess what, I was leaving late for work again.  Well I worked all day got my running around down after and came home.  About 9:30 I looked out the back door to see if it had stopped raining and it did but then I saw the pool was completely full of freezing cold water.  Their blankets and toys that were in were completely waterlogged.  At first I tried to lift the whole pool up to drain the water out but with the water absorbed blankets it wasn't happening.  I took the blankets out flinging water all over the place and myself and lifted the pool up again.  Well it creased in the middle and alot of the water came running out the sides, all over the patio and my poor bare feet.  Its a good thing Chloe was not there or else she would of got a not so good ear full of every "bad word" under the sun lol.  I just thank god we don't live somewhere where it gets to 20 below!!!!

Domestic woman moment: I'm so freakin excited (almost as excited as I was when we got our new front loader washer and dryer and my vaccuum cleaner) that I got the shower doors out of our master bath over the weekend.  They were in good shape (I'm donating them to habitat for humanity if they ever call me back to pick them up) but I absolutely hated them and they kept coming off the track.  My guy blames me for them coming off and it probably is the way I was pulling them but regardless they sucked.  Now I have a nice shower rod and curtain up and it seems to make the bathroom seem a bit bigger.  I would never of thought that at 24 stuff like this would make me excited lol.  Do you have anything that excites you that you never would have thought would?


1 comment:

  1. When we first bought our house there were many things that we wanted to change or needed to "fix". I was overjoyed when we got our automatic garage door opener installed. I did a happy dance when we finally fixed the broken sprinkler heads and programmed the system. And when I used the snake to clear the upstairs shower drain, oh yeah as gross as it was I did it and I felt like a freaking champion. All those little domestic things are exhilarating for me.

    ReplyDelete

Leave something nice or Ill come after you!