Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend Wrap Up

Yep so how was everyone's Thanksgiving?  Mine was pretty good.  I spent part of the morning cleaning and then the rest of the day in the kitchen cooking.  We had a total of 14 people not including myself show up.  And for it being the first time I have had Thanksgiving at my house and cooked the turkey it went pretty well.  Except that the turkey didn't cooked all the way lol.  But most of it was so everyone was able to eat while I cooked the rest of the turkey.  Then later that night after everyone left my guy had to take his family to the airport.  I was actually a little sad to see them leave.  I really enjoy spending time with them and learning new things about my guy that I didn't know from his younger years.

The next morning my guy got his butt up at 4 am so he could get to Best Buy before they opened to pick up some bigger external drives for his trip and for the house.  I got a lovely call at 5:30 am from him asking if I needed anything from Target.  Haha even if I did there was no way I could think of it that early in the morning.  I'm not usually conscious till atleast 7 am on a weekend.  When I finally did roll my butt outta bed we had breakfast and I went out with my grandma to get my shopping done.  Which only consisted of one thing for someone other than myself and the rest of the $70.00 was spent on myself.  I think I deserved it.  Then later that night we took Chloe to see Planet 51.  She has been bugging me for the last week to see that everytime she sees the commercial on T.V.





This was the first movie in the theatre that I have taken too and she did so good.  She stayed in her seat the whole time and didn't make one peep.  After she said she really liked the movie.

Saturday was a pretty uneventful day.  We lounged around the house and went out to lunch.  My guy must of packed and unpacked his giant green duffle bag that the wonderful airforce supplied him atleast 3 times making sure he had everything.  We had a nice home cooked meal of steak, veggies and loaded smashed potatos.

We were up nice and early on Sunday to get my guy to the base on time.  I'm sure my guy kept it quick and simple so he wouldn't break down. 



It was a bit early for Chloe to be outside as you can see.  She doesn't really quit understand what is going on but I'm sure in a few days or by the weekend when Bill hasn't come home she will start wondering where he is and when he will be back.

The rest of the day couldn't go by quick enough.  I was surrounded by family and friends and that was nice but I really just wanted to be home with Chloe by myself to process my emotions and have a good cry which I still haven't done.  Just some tears here and there.  I'm sure tonight the water works will be flowing.

P.s for the record it is now 10:00 pm and not really any tears.  Then again he has called me atleast 4 times today before they hoped their plane lol.  I'm taking this alot better than I thought originally.

1 comment:

  1. It happens, they tend to come in waves I think. I would be fine for days or weeks and then BAM Im an emotional wreck. Its all part of the game. Take care and see you in a weekend or so for lights.

    ReplyDelete

Leave something nice or Ill come after you!